Friday, March 30, 2012

How to rename a column or table on the desktop?

I am using the compact edition on a desktop using VS2005 as well as SQL Server Management Studio. None of those tools allow me to rename a column or rename a table. Can someone point me a tool the runs on the desktop (as opposed to running on a CE device) that allows me to do the renaming?

Thanks

A 3rd party tool from this company may be able to help you, please contact the company (I am not affiliated): http://www.primeworks-mobile.com/

|||

I have published an article on this subject that you can adapt to the desktop:

Renaming a SQL CE Table From a .NET CF Application

Although some of my products do that (I am affiliated to that company ), you don't have to purchase one just to rename a table or column name. The code I published on that article can be easily adapted to the desktop. If you have problems with it, just let me know.

|||Great tool! Instead of copying, MS should just buy your tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment