Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to remove item from a solution

I added something by mistake! If I delete it it gives me an `are you sure?` message that makes me think it'll actually delete the file from the hard drive. As I've accidentally added something from SQL Server (I was trying to add a database and got carried away) I don't think that's such a good idea. I've googled and found this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1ee8zw5t(VS.80).aspx


which helpfully states:

--

To remove a solution item

    InSolution Explorer, select the item you want to remove.

    On theEdit menu, chooseRemove.

--

which would be great, if only the Edit menu had a remove option.

Any ideas?

I know for me, with vs2005, if I remove a project from my solution, the project does not get deleted, just the link to it.

|||

You're right! Thanks! (But where are the menu items referred to on that web page?)

No comments:

Post a Comment