Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to remove Projects and reports from web browser

I am creating, building, and deploying reports via a web browser interface in SQL 2005 Visual Studio. There are a few projects that I no longer want the masses to see when the go to \\servername\reportserver. I have deleted all files associated with the projects and reports, and removed them from within the report server, but when I open the web browser I can still see the old projects and open the reports.

Where is the browser getting this information even though the data doesn't even exist as far as i can tell, and how to I actually delete those entries that i no longer want seen.

I have heard that I can go the actual web page itself, and delete the items using "show details", but I am unfamiliar with where exactly that is and how to use it.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated - thanks everyone!

Go to your Report Manager. (http://ServerName/Reports)
Over on the right, you will see a button named 'Show Details'.
From there, you can check the boxes of the folders you want to delete (or navigate further down to find the specific objects you want to remove).
Click the 'Delete' button which will be on the left.
It will ask if you are sure you want to delete them, click 'Yes'.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

|||Thanks - worked like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment