Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to remove Document Map Labels??

HI Folks,
I have a report ath I had setup the Document Map Labels, but I've removed them
and don't want the Documnet Map side bar to open up automatically in SRS.
WHat can I do? I WON"T GO AWAY? :)
THanKs!, Bob
--
Robert HansenData regions (matrix, table, list, etc.), groupings (except chart groups
where Labels have a different meaning), and textboxes have a property called
Label. If the Label property is set on any of these and the expression
returns a value != null, the document map will show up.
You can open an RDL file in a XML editor, report designer code view, or
notepad and just search for <Label> elements and remove them if you don't
want them. However, make sure to *not* remove <Label> elements on report
parameters or on chart groupings (because these are the labels shown inside
the chart).
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Bob Hansen" <BobHansen@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0992CCA2-E4B9-4664-BF5D-C9A187018636@.microsoft.com...
> HI Folks,
> I have a report ath I had setup the Document Map Labels, but I've removed
> them
> and don't want the Documnet Map side bar to open up automatically in SRS.
> WHat can I do? I WON"T GO AWAY? :)
> THanKs!, Bob
> --
> Robert Hansen|||Robert,
BIG THANKS!!!! for the excellent help.
I couldn't find in the graphical dev interface where or how to removed the
Document Map. Thanks for the top on how to do it in the RDL.
--
Robert Hansen
"Robert Bruckner [MSFT]" wrote:
> Data regions (matrix, table, list, etc.), groupings (except chart groups
> where Labels have a different meaning), and textboxes have a property called
> Label. If the Label property is set on any of these and the expression
> returns a value != null, the document map will show up.
> You can open an RDL file in a XML editor, report designer code view, or
> notepad and just search for <Label> elements and remove them if you don't
> want them. However, make sure to *not* remove <Label> elements on report
> parameters or on chart groupings (because these are the labels shown inside
> the chart).
> -- Robert
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Bob Hansen" <BobHansen@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0992CCA2-E4B9-4664-BF5D-C9A187018636@.microsoft.com...
> > HI Folks,
> >
> > I have a report ath I had setup the Document Map Labels, but I've removed
> > them
> > and don't want the Documnet Map side bar to open up automatically in SRS.
> >
> > WHat can I do? I WON"T GO AWAY? :)
> >
> > THanKs!, Bob
> > --
> > Robert Hansen
>
>|||Many many thanks
I was wasting my time for 5/6 hr remove the document map , initially i put it and i remove it but still it was showing in my report .
You post help to remove
thanks
pratim
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2005_7_0_0_569127/How-to-remove-Document-Map-Labels.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com|||Thanks very much Robert! I too wasted hours tryng to figure out how to remove the Document Map from a report. I would have never figured this out if not for your post. Thanks again
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2005_7_0_0_569127/How-to-remove-Document-Map-Labels.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com|||Instant solution, great thanks a lot Robert :
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2005_7_0_0_569127/How-to-remove-Document-Map-Labels.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment