Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to remove not existed SQL Link Server

Hi all
In my SQL Server 2000, i've created linked server to
MachineA. I didn't remove the link before I reinstall
MachineA to become MachineB. Now, I'm failed to delete
MachineA link server from the Enterprise Manager. How can
I fix it? Thanks.You should be able to run the below in Query Analyzer
exec sp_dropserver 'MachineA','droplogins'
--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org
"Jon" <klliu98@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:075201c3d5aa$7df68390$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi all
> In my SQL Server 2000, i've created linked server to
> MachineA. I didn't remove the link before I reinstall
> MachineA to become MachineB. Now, I'm failed to delete
> MachineA link server from the Enterprise Manager. How can
> I fix it? Thanks.
>|||You should be able to use the sp_dropserver procedure to do this. It is
documented in Books on Line.
Rand
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment