Friday, March 30, 2012

How to remove the sqlcachedependancy ?

I had sqlcachedependancy installed. But now I cannot uninstall it?

1. I unregistered:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regsql.exe -E -S localhost
-d DNN1 -dd

2. I remove the Dependencry.Start() from my application_start

' System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDependency.Start(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("SiteSqlServer").ConnectionString)

3. I removed the cache section from my web.config

4. I removed the outputcache statements from my aspx pages.

<!--<%@. OutputCache Duration="1" VaryByParam="*" SqlDependency="CommandNotification" %>-->

However, I still get the next error:

FileError When using SqlDependency without providing an options value, SqlDependency.Start() must be called prior to execution of a command added to the SqlDependency instance.

What to do?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Jelle

Have you done a search through all of your application's files, looking for a rogue SqlDependency instance?|||

Thank you for your reply. I looked mainly in the default.aspx and forgot that for Dotnetnuke I also modified the install.aspx file. So in the end I copy-past all the next files over my files:

default.aspx + codebehind

install.aspx + codebehind

global.ascx

assembly + global file in app_code directory

That solved the solution.

Main reason I wanted to uninstall is that in case the webserver does stop a connection, the database server starts logging errors that the connectio n with the remote webserver is lost...and then the database server hangs. Would be nicer of MS SQL2005 to stop the logging in case the webserver does not request any info anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment