Monday, March 26, 2012

How to remove a database without deleting the mdf file ?

I have both sql 2005 express and developer edition installed.
If I have attached a mdf file to my local sql server default instance, how can I remove that database from this instance without deleting the underlying mdf file ? I have attached an mdf file under sql 2005 (dev edition) default instance, but now I want to detach it and reattach it under my sql 2005 express named instance. Why is there not a "detach" menu option ?

help ?for some strange reason, a "detach" menu option is there when I select the database node in the left panel of mgt studio, then right-click the db and choose tasks > detach.

Oh wait, its there under the right-click menu in the left pane as well. disregard everything i just said

No comments:

Post a Comment