Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to remove a user

I'm trying to remove a user who is no longer in the Active Directory. When I
go to Site Settings > Configure site-wide security > check the box for the
user to be deleted and click "Delete" I get an error message "The user or
group name 'domain\username' is not recognized. (rsUnknownUserName).
The user doesn't get deleted. How do I remove this user?I just figured out. There were several users that do not exist in the Active
Directory & I had to check them all & then "Delete" them. By just checking
one, the process was raising an error (rsUnknownUserName) for the other non
existing users; therefore, not allowing the "Delete" to complete.
Thanks.
"Sal Young" wrote:
> I'm trying to remove a user who is no longer in the Active Directory. When I
> go to Site Settings > Configure site-wide security > check the box for the
> user to be deleted and click "Delete" I get an error message "The user or
> group name 'domain\username' is not recognized. (rsUnknownUserName).
> The user doesn't get deleted. How do I remove this user?

No comments:

Post a Comment