Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to remove failed installation

Installation of the June 2005 SQL Server 2005 CTP apparently completed but doesn't work - many links in the start menu are dead etc.

There is no item in the add/remove programs for SQL Server.

How can I manually remove the installation?

Hi -
IF you use our SQL Server 2005 CD or a download file you may try to use our build cleanup wizard (sqlbuw.exe under setup tools; see also the readme file on the CD, or in the download itself) allowing to cleanup the installation
Thanks
Mirek

|||Problem!!! I have misplaced my CD and now have no way of getting hold of the sqlbuw.exe file to clean the whole mess up. I cannot install/ uninstall any components of the VS.NET 2005 Beta suite, and I have system problems caused by dirty uninstalls of the components that occurred when was uninstalling them since the beta is over, and they are now useless. I am very frustrated at the non availability of the cleanup wizard in the downloads section of microsoft.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment